Thursday, March 1, 2012

Playing Catch-up: May 2011

 I love looking back through all of our pictures and don't want to miss out on chronicling all of these months I skipped during my blogging hiatus. Here is my attempt to play catch-up.
This is the month that our big boy turned one.  He wasn't quite walking at this point.  It is so fun to remember him doing some of these things.  He liked to play with bubbles and it was a good distraction for him while I got a few things done in the kitchen.
He became an excellent bear crawler.  After a couple months of trying to crawl on tough turf and track he found this method saved his knees and was a little quicker.

He loves this 4-wheeler and it really helped him practice his walking.  Looking at the past two pictures I can't get over how green and nice the grass is.  Unfortunately, our grass was planted before the hottest summer in Texas history and after being gone a few weeks on different trips, by July our grass was scorched and dead.  Now our lawn is back to a weedy mess that Micah will have to tackle again this spring break.
Nole was showered with birthday cards and gifts for at least a week around his birthday.  It was fun for him to have a thing or two to open every day.

Nole spent his 1st birthday at the state track meet.  I made him a special shirt so everyone would know that it was his special day!

Hanging out with dad, eating something chocolaty, and playing with his pinwheel...just a few ways to help him stay occupied after a long season of track meets.

After the morning session we took a break at the hotel to open a few more gifts and take a nap.  He loves books!

Then at night we celebrated with a birthday muffin.

Yum!
Opened another gift and then went to bed.  I think Micah was asleep before Nole.  It was a long day and there was still more track to coach on Saturday.
Another day, more presents at home.

Testing out his pool, swim trunks and water toys.


Nole also had his second hair cut his month.  We found this set up to be a great distraction...
but of course, it doesn't last forever. He was glad to be out of the chair after this.
He loves the park.  Even when he couldn't walk he would bear crawl across the wood chips to get to the play equipment.  He's fearless on the slides.
And fearless with daddy!
Gramma and Grandpa came for a visit at the end of May.  We all loved having them around for a few days.  Nole had a lot of fun :)



And this is why I need to stay up-to-date on the blog...if we don't have a picture of something, I won't remember it happened!  Hopefully I didn't miss anything too big from this month.  I remember Micah wrapped up the school year while my parents were in town and that is always something to celebrate! 

No comments: