But I say IF we make it to 40 weeks because I have already started to dilate and progress. So after the doctor informed me of my progress and said that it's fine and if he was born soon he would do well, and everything sounded great, then she casually said...BUT...you should stop running.
Just simply stated like that...so it took me a moment and then I realized- OK, I guess that's what I will do!
I guess I was just hoping my streak would end with a little more excitement :) So Micah and I left the doctor's office with 1 ultrasound picture of animal's foot (his head is so far down she couldn't get a good picture) and began our drive home. I told him "I just wish I would have ran this morning! My streak is at 2059!" Micah surprised me then...he has always said that sometime it would have to end and our baby's health is so much more important (which I totally agree!)...but with all that in mind he said we should go on one last run together and make it a nice round number of 2060. Hooray, one last run!
The run itself was normal, I felt really good and it was good to run with Micah again...he ditched me a few months back when I started to slow down quite a bit. Anyway, Friday, my first day of non-running was weird but now I'm doing just fine. I'm allowed to walk and it feels really good, too, so it's not that big of a deal. I just know I'll never get back to 2060 days of running but it was fun while it lasted :)
After The Last Run
Anyway, enough about that...
Here are our 36 week photos. I had to muster up a little fake energy and excitement because after church on Sunday I just wanted to eat lunch and take a nap!
Whoa! What a big belly!
My belly looks a little red because this skirt has a panel that goes over my stomach which makes it itch!
Skin is amazingly stretchy (no stretch marks yet, thanks to my tub of Belly Butter from B!) but it still itches like crazy when it's pulled so tight!
We have another appointment tomorrow, I'll be interested to see if I've progressed anymore.
My project for the next few days is to order fabric for our nursery! I'll try to let you know if I finally make a decision on anything.
2 comments:
I think animal will weigh 8 lb 3 oz. just like his daddy did :)
Wow...I was wondering the other day what your streak was. I don't know, though...I have faith that you can get there again. You look great and I love you!
Post a Comment