Monday, January 25, 2010

25 Weeks!

Here is another glimpse of my growing belly.

Each week I think I am just HUGE...and then a few weeks from now I'll look back at pictures and say "I was hardly showing then, NOW I'm HUGE!!"









I have found a lot of things about pregnancy to be fun:

-our little guy kicking, punching and rolling around- I love it!
-seeing him on the ultrasound
-dreaming about holding him and being his mom :)
-reading to him at night, I especially love when Micah reads to him (or recites the Presidents in order)
-picking out a first name
-looking at nursery decor and starting to look at houses so we can have a nursery!

I have found a few things to be not so much fun:

-round ligament pain, especially while running
-gaining weight, makes running a lot more challenging!
-deciding on a middle name
-growing out of clothes in a matter of a few days
-feeling faint a few different times, usually in church
-sleeping

And a few things have just been pretty funny:

-A secretary in our office told me the other day, "You are looking pudgy!"  I think I just stared at her, not knowing exactly what was meant by that or why she announced it so loudly.  I'm pretty sure I tried to smile, say thanks (?) and walk away quickly (She must have meant it as a good thing, right??)
-I'm within 2-3lbs of being equal to Micah in weight  (Oh wait, now I understand the pudgy thing!)
-People looking like they want to rub my belly and making a slight motion and then deciding against it
-Trying to wash my feet, or put on socks, or anything that I have to bend over to do

I guess pregnancy isn't exactly what I thought it would be but all in all, I'm just so thankful that Micah and I get this opportunity to be parents and to love our little guy.  God is so faithful to us and we can't wait to teach our baby all about Him!



3 comments:

lblorenzen said...

Oh Amanda dear, I'm afraid you don't know what "HUGE" is yet!! Your post made me cry a little....I'm so very excited....and it makes me cry :) You two will be wonderful parents!!

Dano said...

Let me help you with names. Daniel - First. Edward - Second. I'll let you decide on the last one.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love you!